Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby bibs


I started making baby bibs the other day. There are plenty of tutorials on the web for this, and this particular idea was really easy. I bought white towelling for the backs of the bibs (nice and absorbent) and went through my stash for the fabric fronts. On some of them I added applique and on one of them I just left it blank because the fabric is pretty busy.

Before anyone asks - no, I don't know that we are having a girl yet. I just happened to make four girly bibs first. I've picked out some boy fabric too, that I will start on today. The pattern is a little small, these bibs will be good for a relatively young baby, so I'll need to re-draw the pattern and make some bigger. It is so fun!

I was thinking there is the potential to add ribbon and all sorts of stuff on there, and they work out to be super cheap and pretty quick to sew up.
I'll keep you posted of any new creations!

2 comments:

Our Story said...

How is the pregnancy going? I've been thinking about you...You've been in my prayers. Did you find out what you were having yet? Enjoy every moment being a part of this miracle of God!

Our Story said...

i haven't seen any post lately and just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you in these final days before the baby arrives. I hope all is well.