Sunday, February 15, 2009

Peanut butter and fudge ice cream pie and birthday fun!

Valentine's Day is my husband's birthday, so we really only concentrate on that - which is totally fine with me. We tend to celebrate our wedding anniversary as Valentine's Day anyway.

We had a small gathering of friends and family on Friday night for dinner, which was really nice. There was far too much food - but it was great. I made one of the best dips ever - tex mex. Absolutely love it!

I also made a Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Fudge sauce for dessert. Boy was it rich! I think next time I would change the recipe and not add so much peanut butter. But, my husband loved it, which I was happy with!

We went out for a delicious breakfast to a French cafe yesterday morning - YUM! Then our friends Simon and Lucy came over for lunch and to play boardgames. Then, we finished of the day by going to one of the Cirque du Soleil shows that is in town. It was fabulous and such a good show to watch. Birthdays are fun! Love you gorgeous - hope you had a fun day - here's to the next year together! xx


1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

(ahem...) No recipe? That pie sounds like it deserves it's own blog post WITH A RECIPE for those of us drooling on our computers! Just sayin'...