Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bushfires


I don't know if this has been shown on the news in other places, but our country has/is experiencing the worst bushfires in our history. The fires started in the state of Victoria on Saturday and they are still burning. Nearly 200 people have died, many more are missing and over 1000 homes have been destroyed.

The heat and wind are expected to pick up in the next few days, so as you can imagine, this is not a good thing for trying to control the fires. Please pray for rain (which is not forecast) or at least the authorities to get control of these terrible fires. Pray also for the victims and their families, that they may come to know the Lord who is able to comfort us in times of greatest trouble.

2 comments:

Letti said...

That is horrible. I hope that you get the much needed rain.

Our Story said...

I've been thinking and praying for you the past couple days ever since I heard abou this. It's been all over the news here in the states. Do you live near the fires? My heart just breaks for those who have died and lost thier homes. I'll continuing praying for rain.