Monday, December 1, 2008

Motivate me Monday

I'm continually amazed at the treasures that we have in the Bible. How encouraging it is - my aim is to memorize many of these verses - how helpful they are in times of trouble and anxiety - both for us and those around us.

May you be


JOYFUL


as you read this beautiful verse from Lamentations. (Click to enlarge & yes I took the photo!)

I've found it helpful (and humbling) to realise that my need for God is each and every day. I can't expect to read my Bible and pray lots one day and feel like that should "last me" the week. What a joy it is to get to know our Lord each morning! And to know that regardless of our efforts, his grace is sufficient.

3 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

I LOVE that His mercies are new every morning - how encouraging!

I know I've told you this, but every time I see your blog header it makes me smile! :)

::Traci:: said...

Yes! Lately, I've been thinking about it like filling up my gas tank. If I don't fill up in the morning, I literally run on empty and it affects everything. The word of God becomes something we NEED to survive. I bet that makes Him happy!

Hope said...

I'm right there with you! Knowing that I need time with Him each and every day and desiring it more than anything!