Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Friends

I just got home from my work Christmas lunch, it is our annual event that wraps up the year before a long holiday. I am so privileged to work with so many wonderful people. We shared a lovely meal and laughed about many funny things that have happened throughout the year. They organise humorous awards that get given to people for funny things they've said or done during the year.

So, I'm officially on holidays - and to be honest - it feels a little weird. Great, but weird. Another year is (almost) over and in a couple of weeks we will begin a new one. How time flies!

I just want to remind myself of how God has been good this year, how fortunate I am to be where I am right now - not looking behind me, and not worrying about the future, but being thankful and content now, this very moment. My work colleauges, who are my dear friends have been such a joy to me this year.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?" Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

No comments: