Monday, December 8, 2008

Everyday Unwrapped



Emily, over at chatting at the sky has been talking about treasuring the everyday moments, particularly as we, "...celebrate what is, while anticipating what is to come." I know I have been insanely busy the last couple of weeks and my to do list is only increasing as we approach Christmas and New Year. It is easy to get hung up in the rush, and not really appreciate the small things. Here are a few photos that explain my week, and why I really should acknowledge the little everyday things, and be appreciative. Thanks for the reminder Emily!





Lots of exam papers to mark....but thankful for being a teacher to so many great students

A lovely husband who stayed up until 11.30pm making gingerbread with me on Monday night


So many ideas and unfinished projects, but lots of loved ones to make things for


Spending time putting Christmas decorations up and talking to my husband about the year that was on December 1st

Stopping and looking at the little things and appreciating how well my mother knows me to buy me this decoration!


Trying to remember how quickly this goes, and not to rush things but to know that to everything there is a season.


Cherishing a family



Knowing that despite all things, I can find rest here.

6 comments:

Denise K. said...

Great post!!! I'm visiting from Emily's site, and loved all your insights and moments to appreciate! You captured so many great small moments and the "who" is behind each of them! :-)

emily freeman said...

Jessica, this was just perfect. Thank you, thank you for noticing and finding joy in the chaos. It is so encouraging to me and I'm sure to everyone who will read this. I love the way you took the things that could have been overwhelming and instead, chose thankfulness rather than a headache. Well done, and Merry Christmas!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Beautiful post!

EEEEMommy said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. :) Love all your moments!

*Just Jen* said...

I love your moments! And I have a similar shoe ornament, mine is pink. Happy Holidays!