Saturday, November 22, 2008

Some of my quilts

I've made a few quilts over the past six years, mainly for other people. Here are some of them.
I made this one for my husband - before we were married - it is quite simple, but we use it a lot.

This was one of my first quilts before I really knew what to do! It is super cozy and I love the colours.

This is a double bed sized quilt. A friend of mine made one in pinks and whites and I absolutely loved it - so I tried it in blue and white. I made it a bit bigger by adding the flying geese border.
This one is a baby sized quilt made out of flannels. It is a really easy design (raggy patch style). I thought the frog fabric was so cute. I'm keeping this for our baby and think I'm going to keep it in the car for those journeys where they need something over them. I'm currently working on a pink one for a baby girl too. (Yep, I've made quilts for babies that don't yet exist...you can never be too organised, don't you think?!)

I made my niece and nephew a quilt of their own a couple of years ago. Joel's was pretty simple, I used robot fabric along with some brights. This was Casey's. I love it. It did take quite a while. I followed a pattern for most of it, but for many of the applique blocks, I did my own thing. The colours were great. I might have to do this one again one day!
More to come another time - I'll have to take photos of the other quilts that live at different homes!

2 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Jessica - I love your title name. What a great reminder to choose joy. :)
When you mentioned that you don't have much up, I was expecting...nothing. :) Your quilts are AMAZING! WOW!
Welcome to this incredible world of blogging.
blessings,
Jen (a 5 A.M. gal :)...except for today!

lindsey said...

i love the last quilt! so sweet and so much time it must've taken! great auntie!